Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 210: Sanoma

Well, I have not had my fill of wine, so I hopped on the Napa Valley Wine Train for a little tour of the Valley by train. The Wine Train was really nice and the slow ride through the valley was quite a compliment. I ended up sitting next to an interesting couple, a man from California and a women from Colombia, who barely spoke English. We got to chatting when she apologized to me in English and I responded in Spanish, she was surprised by my accent. I spoke as good as I could with her in Spanish, the rest had to be translated by her husband. It was great to speak with them; she really wanted to introduce me to her niece who is back in Colombia at medical school. We shall see how that goes?!

After the Wine Train, I headed off to a couple wineries in Sanoma. I first stopped off at Little Vineyards & Winery. As the name hints, it is a small vineyard that specializes in a small variety of wine. The owner is in a small band, so many of the names or labels have some influence of music; I liked only one of the wines though.

With little time to spare, I headed to one last winery, Muscardini Cellars. The winery was pretty cool, and had a large selection to choose from; many of them were pretty good.

Afterwards, I met up with an old friend, Catherine, who is currently working and living in Sanoma. It has been a while since I have seen her, so it was great to catch up and hear about everything that she has learned about wine in the past year! We walked into downtown and ducked into a great local restaurant for some wine and pasta. Now that I have a wine professional with me, we were able to pair some great wines with our meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment