Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 204: Los Angeles, West Hollywood

Since Wrenn is hard at work, I'm off on my own in the hectic town. I ended up eating breakfast at this really good place called Griddle Cafe, not realizing it is a rather popular place in Hollywood; I enjoyed their famous French Toast.


Once I got done, I drove down Hollywood Blvd to see what was there was to see. I just so happened to stumble upon the Chinese Theatre. I figured that I might as well find a parking spot and explore the area. Personally, I feel its kinda over rated. A lot of people dressed up in old faded popular costumes like Batman and Spiderman. 


The street outside the Chinese Theatre was under construction, so I got a good view of the area from far away. As you can imagine there is a lot of Hollywood related stuff in the area, but it is really just a bunch of novelty related shops... mainly foreigners.

After I got done, I met up with an old friend from Switzerland, Camille, at Griffith Park. We made our way up to Griffith Observatory. 


The museum is really cool, explains a lot about space and the Earth, but has very simplistic interactive displays that can make learning fun! Outside of the museum, we got a great view of LA; instead of playing "Where's Waldo?" we played "Wheres downtown LA?" the smog is unbelievable.


Camille works at Universal Studios, so we grabbed some lunch and then headed to Universal. The Universal Studios is like a whole city. We made our way into CIty Walk, which is like a little town inside Universal with everything from restaurants to a skydiving tunnel.


Afterwards, we headed over to the Santa Monica Pier. It getting kinda late and the fog was rolling in, so it wasn't quite the picture perfect pier I'd seen before, but it was still nice. 


We then walked up the Pier and headed to Santa Monica Blvd. Once we got off the Pier, it was homeless people overlad. The Blvd was nice, lined with restaurants, bars, and shops. I really wanted to stop off in the Tesla showroom and check out the Silicon Valley startup's latest push in electric vehicle innovation.


Once we got done with the Blvd, we headed off to a late movie to end the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment