Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 192: Puno

This morning the four Americans headed off to Peru. The guys are making their way to Machu Picchu and making their first stop in a town called Puno on Lake Titicaca, which is the highest navigable lake in the world at 12,507ft above sea level. I was originally planning to visit the lake but stay in Bolivia, never been to Peru before.

We first took a bus to Copacabana, Bolivia, which is a typical jumping off point for the lake in Bolivia. We grabbed some lunch right by the lake and hung out for a bit while we waited for our next bus.

We then caught the next bus to Puno. On the way we had to stop off at immigrations. I was worried that I wouldn't be allowed back into Bolivia. I want to say that I have read that if you leave a certain country you have to stay out of that country for a certain amount of days before re-entering the country. The guy behind the country spoke pretty terrible English and combined with my no bueno Spanish, I have no clue if I'll be able to get back into Bolivia tomorrow.

Once we got to Puno, we made our way to the hostel and then made our way out to explore the town. Granted this part of Peru is very southern, I can't really tell a difference from Bolivia and Peru. Peru is known for their good food, so I am excited to try some; also, there are tuk tuks here, which I have never seen in South America before!



After exploring the town for quite a bit, we made our way to try to find something to eat. We found a restaurant that had full chickens rotating over the coals. We each ordered a fourth of a chicken, wow, it was so good. I think that it was because it was slow cooked over those coals that made it so good. I could have eaten a foot long of that skin.


Later that night, we all hung out in the common area on our floor and drank a couple beers to our last night together. I know that we will day meet up with them whether it be in the states or abroad. Once again, I am waving goodbye to some good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment