Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 209: Fairfield

I made my way to Napa Valley in search of some great wine. I headed into the visitor's center to get a good map and get an idea of which of the 300+ wineries to visit. I picked out two vineyards/wineries that I wanted to visited and I figured that I would just pull into one or two that sparked my interest on the way to them.

The first one that I visited, Folie a Deux Winery, was a nice small winery with a little vineyard in the side yard. I wasn't too impressed with the wine, but the yard was really nice and relaxing.


I then headed to a pretty famous winery/vineyard (and a bit of a tourist trap), Castello di Amorosa. The winery is a huge old Italian-styled castle surrounded by rolling hills covered by the vineyard. The inside of the castle reminded me a lot of the inside of the Hearst Castle. As we went deeper underneath the castle, we eventually stumbled upon the aging room and tasting table. Some of the wines they had were rather good, although I'm no wine connoisseur, I was impressed.

I then made my way to the last vineyard, Sterling Vineyards. To get to the main building I had to take a cable car up the hill, showing off a great view of the Valley! The wines here were pretty good as well. Enjoyed some good wine and a great view, not a bad day.

I headed back to grab some dinner, then went to my wonderful smelling hotel room, and had little trouble falling asleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment