Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 195: La Paz

The first thing I did today was head to Gravity Assisted's office to book another bike trip. Unfortunately, since it is Sunday, they were closed.

I didn't really get much accomplished today. I explored the town and hung out at my hostel. That afternoon, I signed up to go see Cholitas Wrestling, which is like an underground wrestling show for both tourists and locals.

I wasn't really sure what to expect, I thought it would just be a lot of tourists, but there were actually way more locals than tourists. The event was pretty comical! The wrestlers did a pretty good job of putting on a show, however, you could definitely tell is was fake. In all of the matches, the ref picked a side, so someone was always out matched. The locals got really into the matches, throwing food scraps, yelling, flicking off the wrestlers, and even throwing their drinks. They are more crazy than the actors (wrestlers).


After the event, we all headed back to the hostel. I headed back up to the bar and enjoyed the Sunday BBQ they were cooking. HAHA, not really the BBQ that I would consider BBQ; just a slab of meet, cooked on a grill. That is one thing that I have learned outside of my southern bubble; A BBQ often refers to food cooked over a grill. "Hey, I got some hamburger patties.. Let's have a BBQ." No... Let's grill out. BBQ is a specific type of food. They don't sell BBQ sauce so you can pour it all over your hamburgers and hotdogs.

Regardless, the food was good and so was the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment