Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 186: Sucre

Today, I went out to explore the city. First, I dropped my laundry off; much needed cleaning that hasn't happened since Santiago.

Sucre is a beautiful town and since the altitude isn't bad, it's easy to traverse. My first stop was the park, which is close by to our hostel. I grabbed an ice cream cone and began to explore.


The whole city center is pretty much white and you really don't get the feeling that you are in Bolivia's capital. There are a couple people on the side of the street selling Bolivian things like blankets, hats, etc. they are all really beautiful things and used by the locals as well as the tourists, so you really don't feel like a gringo walking around wearing all this stuff. 

I just walked around for about an hour and then headed back to the park to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. It is amazing how how cold it is really depends on what side of the sidewalk you walk on. If your in the shade, your cold and wearing a jacket, if your in the sun, your on the verge of sweating and wearing a short sleeve shirt. I made sure to grab a spot in the sun while I relaxed in the park!

Later that night, the Dutch girl and I enjoyed dinner with some other backpackers. One of the different things about this hostel is that many backpackers are temporarily living here. Since Sucre is cheap and the weather is good, many stay here to unwind and relax or even work here; others stay to learn Spanish. I will admit that I am enjoying the weather!

After dinner, the hostel put on a traditional Bolivian dance. The best part about it is that some of the backpackers staying here for an extended period of time were in the dance, so they had been practicing all day long.



It was a fun way to end the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment