Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Australia Wrap Up

Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend much time in Australia. From what I saw of the country, it was great, from what I have heard, it is amazing. 

I will admit, it was a little weird being in a first world country. However, Australia is an easy introduction into the western world mainly because it is alone in Asia, so Sydney, and I'm sure elsewhere, has a very international feel with many expats and tourists. Everything was nice, clean, NORMAL, and in English. I would get on a bus, and it would be dead silent; I would have to whisper as to not disturb the bus, quite a change from the loud Chinese buses. 

Australia is a rather expensive country where the minimum wage is $16 a hour; more than I've ever been paid (the currency exchange is almost the same between the US and AUS). Meals average about $20, movie tickets are $19, I even bought the cheapest toothbrush in a store for $7. I don't know how people backpack through such and expensive country. Unfortunately, there is no bargaining on the streets of Sydney, so I had to stomach the price on the machine.

Now I am off to South America to surprise my father. I will most likely be spending the next month and a half in South America. But, as you may know, my plans tend to change in a moments notice.

What will it be like to be back on the American continent but still no where close to home? Only time will tell and anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment