Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 165: Gualeguay

This morning, we made our way to the airport to rendezvous with the whole group. I am excited to see everyone and especially my father. Our original plan was to stay put in the van and I would surprise him when he walked in, however, we couldn't find the van. I decided to wait on the edge of the pickup area and surprise him as he walks by. Luckily, he did not spot me as the whole group walked past. As I creeped up behind my father, I was so nervous that he was going to turn around before I could surprise him and my heart was racing. I was able to surprise him, unnoticed. "Hola Padre!" He had no clue what was going on! How did I get here? What about sailing? Wheres all your stuff? What about hunting stuff? Luckily, my mom helped solve all of those problems behind his back for a great surprise! As great as it was to see my father, it was just as nice to see all of my friends that I have not seen in such a long time.

Once we all exchanged out hellos, we loaded up in the big van and made our way to our hacienda in Entre Rios Province. This year we are staying in the same place that we hunted the first time we came, it will be interesting to see how the staff and hunting has changed, for better or worse, is great to be with my father and friends who I consider family.

That afternoon, we got settled in, tapped the keg of Isenbeck, and prepared for the afternoon hunt. My father and I hunted that afternoon. It was great to catch up and share a good duck hunt with my father.

After the hunt, we gathered around the fire to warm our cold fingers and toes and indulged in too many rounds of finger food before a big meaty dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment