Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Chile Wrap Up

Chile was like Argentina in that I didn't really see much of it. Where I was in Santiago was a great, relatively slow, young area. While there wasn't much to do there, it was still cool to take in the vibe. I wish I had gone to one of the wineries, but my original plan was to go straight to Bolivia, I wanted to spend as much time there as I could. 

Chile is also like Argentina in the sense that it has a strong European feel, while it is not as strong, it is still there. Chile is also big into meat and wine. 

Chile does not have trade restrictions in place, so the country is a little more "at ease," but the US dollar is still highly sought after and you can always find a much better exchange rate than what the  bank would offer. I bet that this common all throughout South America. 

There are loads of stray dogs in Chile; granted I can only speak to the two cities I saw, but it was bad. 

Now I am headed to Bolivia via a desert while I am a little sick. I don't know what to expect, the only thing that is clear is that it's much colder in Bolivia and most cities are at very high altitudes, making the weather even worse. 

Can a boy from the South survive the next three weeks living in the freezing cold? Only time will tell and anything is possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment