Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 179: San Pedro de Atacama

Really early in the morning, I woke up covered in sweat and I already felt much better; I got some good sleep through the rest of the morning. 

After eating breakfast, I walked around the town for a while. You can easily walk through this town in 15 minutes, so I saw a lot of the town multiple times over. Having spent yesterday wanting to do nothing but lay in my bed, I was happy to walk around to get some "exercise." 


I walked into the hospital twice to get a check-up, but no one could speak English and they kept pointing me around the hospital to dead-ends. Unfortunately, my medical Spanish goes no further than caliente, which means "hot." Since I wasn't actually feeling bad, I just gave up and headed out.

I booked a three day tour for tomorrow that goes through the Atacama Desert and Salar de Uyuni ending in Uyuni, Bolivia. The tour will take us to Salar de Uyuni which is the largest salt flat in the world and through many other place in the Andes. I am really looking forward to it. 

Afterwards I had a big lunch to appease to two days of not really eating anything. After I ate, I felt even better. Somehow, when I got back to my hostel, I started to feel much worse, as chills began to settle in. I thought about going back to the hospital, but it was cold outside and my chills double the intensity of the weather; I was just going to ride it out and push the tour back a day. 

Later that night, I broke my sweat again and was feeling much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment