Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 170; Mendoza

This morning, I woke up early and met Bud and Joe back at their hotel for breakfast before they head off to Uruguay. Another good meal with great people before I'm off on So I am heading west of Buenos Aires to Mendoza before making my way to Santiago, Chile. I am excited to see some of Argentina's famous wine country. I don't know how long I will be in Mendoza, possibly a day or a week, who knows?! Instead of taking an 18 hour bus ride, I have booked a flight for this afternoon for almost double the price, not bad. Not sure what to expect of Mendoza, but I am excited!

This flight was the worst I have ever been on. First off the flight was delayed two hours. Then the line to check in was over 100 people long. Once I finally got my bag checked, I went up to grab some lunch. While I was eating, I saw the Harlem Globe Trotters. That was pretty cool. I didn't want to bug them while they were eating, so I briefly spoke to/said hey to Tiny, their tallest player; he is a MASSIVE white guy. So, I made my way to my flight, 10 minutes before it took off because they put up the gate number at the last minute. Once I went through security, they told me I couldn't bring a camera tripod on the plane... So I had to run back downstairs, fight through the line, and argued with the lady as to why they wouldn't let it on the plane. She pointed me to the sign that shows everything that wasn't permitted, a tripod was not on there. After making her feel sorry for me, she agreed to have it suran wrapped and put on the plane for free. Afterwards, I ran back upstairs only to confront more disorganization as four flights were converging into one gate. Even the locals were getting heated.


Once I landed and got my bag, my sleeping bag had been stolen off my bag. The lady at the counter in BA assured me everything would be okay on my bag; I haven't had this sleeping bag for more than a couple days and this is the first thing that has been stolen from me. At this point, I was honestly contemplating booking the next flight out of there, but there were no more flights out of there tonight. Luckily, the lady behind the counter was really nice and gave me $40 from LAN, the airline company, and a free ride to my hostel.

Once I got to my hostel, I got settled in and went straight to bed in an attempt to sleep off today's transportation dilemmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment