Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 178: San Pedro de Atacama

After I had gotten up and had breakfast, I learned that the hostel was full and that I had to find another place to sleep tonight. 

I spent a good amount of time walking around the town in search of another place to stay. I finally found a good cheap hostel and had the whole dorm room to myself. 

As the day persisted, my sickness worsened. I spent the rest of the morning trying to find the immigration office to get a new tourist card. The locals were terrible at giving directions, so I spent most of my time circling the same area. Walking in the hot sun, down a path that seemed to lead to nowhere, I finally found the building and got the card. 

Once I got back to my hostel, feeling terrible, I took a nap. Everything was a struggle for me, even to write one post was hard and physically consuming. 

Once I woke up, I was sure that this was not just altitude sickness with my fever and lack of motivation persisting. I didn't really do much for the rest of the day except for rest and walk a couple blocks to pull myself away from my room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment