Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 162: Buenos Aires

So, unbeknownst to my father, I am about to surprise him in Argentina. Every summer my father and I and a group of about 4 other father-son's do a hunting trip in Argentina. This summer would be the first time in four years that all of the kids would be together at the same time, with work continually getting in the way. Originally I decided against going and my plan was to take the Trans-Siberian train from Beijing, China to St. Petersburg, Russia and spend my final 2-3 months touring East Europe. One of the men that is goes hunting with us every year has told my father that his grandson is going to go in my place. My father has zero idea that I am here; I have told him that I am about to go sailing off the coast of Queensland, Australia. I can't wait to see the look his face when I surprise him in the airport! Is he going to recognize me?

The day on this post was a little confusing for me. Since I left the States and headed East, I have been traveling forward in time. Once I left Sydney, I traveled back in time? Its kinda weird, so I left Sydney and landed in Buenos Aires the same day an hour after I left Australia. So I spent a "black hole" day in the air. Sounds like some Bermuda Triangle stuff right there?!

Back in Buenos Aires, this place is like a second home to me; it is great to see such a familiar city. As I took the bus from the airport to my hotel, my mind is firing off memories from all the previous years that I had been here. Quite a mash up of European and Latin American culture and architecture; an amazingly beautiful city.

Unfortunately, by the time I got to my hotel, it was already late at night... I just woke up about five hours ago; oh well, got to get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment