Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 169: Buenos Aires

This morning is our final hunt, so my father and I decided to hunt together. Since we got to our hacienda there has been a thick overcast and with a forecasted flood coming a couple days after we depart. This mornings hunt was not good; no one had a good hunt. Towards the middle of the hunt, the wind really picked up, making it a struggle to stand in knee deep freezing water.

We ended up having to leave the hacienda before lunch because a strong storm was coming from the north that would prevent us from being able to leave via the muddy roads to the highway (which was fine with me!). We all stopped off at a great BBQ place in the town of Gualeguay.


Once we got close to Buenos Aires, we pulled off at a gas station and I, along with Joe and Bud, got into the hotel's car to head back into town while the rest of the crew headed off to the airport to fly back home. It seems like just yesterday that I met them all at the airport and now I'm waving them goodbye. It was great to see my father and all my friends, a great break from backpacking!

Once we got to the hotel, I looked up a good hostel close by and made my way back to the backpacking world, from castle to cot in a blink of an eye.

Luckily I know a hint of Spanish, so I can actually speak more than the thank you that I was able to learn in most other countries that I have traveled in. The hostel I am in pretty cool, it is an old building with 12ft ceilings and marble stairs. The people are much different from the previous hostel dwellers I have come across, majority from South America and speak little English; hopefully this will allow me to really hone in on my Spanish speaking ability!


That night I had dinner with Joe and Bud. We ate at another great hotel restaurant. We hung out in the bar before having an amazing dinner. I definitely took advantage of the last complimentary meal I will be coming across until I get home, savouring every bit of the steak!

No comments:

Post a Comment