Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 95: Koh Pha-ngan

Struggling to pull myself out of bed, we finally made our way to grab some lunch. Afterwards Pichai and I headed back to the beach to relax. We didn't stay too long as the sun was out in full force; I thought I was going to incinerate at any moment.

We eventually headed back to the hostel and I relaxed/slept until later in the afternoon. As it got closer to dinner time, we met up with the two British girls in the food market. To be honest, I was disappointed, as I was expecting to see all types of crazy things to eat: worms, crickets, scorpions, cockroaches, etc. It was more of a touristy spot with a bunch of not good food to choose from. We first went to a sushi bar, each roll was worse than the one I ate before (I would suggest steering clear of roadside sushi), the I went back for some pad thai (a traditional Thai dish), thinking, 'how could they mess this up?', sure enough, they found a way.

Despite the bad food, it was great to sit down and talk with the girls for a couple hours. It was similar to our conversation the night before, interesting to hear all the differences in the way we talk and act. One of the girls has been teaching English in Thailand since October, heading back to her home in Italy in June where her boyfriend is waiting for her. The other girl is working for a bank in Ireland. So we have a teacher, a banker, a cop and me. You couldn't ask for a group of more different views on life than this; it was great.

Eventually, as the market winded down, we went our separate ways. Like I said earlier, it was like waving goodbye to a good friend.











No comments:

Post a Comment