Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 75: Hoi An

As soon as we got organized, we headed straight to the beach. I bought a hammock so I could sway with the cool ocean breeze between two palm trees. We met two other guys from the US on the beach with something called a slackline tied between two palm trees. A slackline is a flat-flexible type of rope that you use to walk from tree to tree. It is surprisingly very hard, I barely made it three steps.

After we got done with the beach and drove around the city, we decided to head the market. There, we found a great spot to grab some street food with the locals. The street food in Vietnam is unlike anything I have seen. Here there are small food stands that are cooking food on the side of the street. Along side them are several small tables with even smaller chairs, similar to the stool I used when I was a kid to see myself in the bathroom mirror. Being that I'm so tall, I now feel like I'm sitting in on a kindergarten class. Regardless, the food is well worth it.

We ran into two guys from the UK that convinced us to go to a late night bar called Why Not? I mean, why not... Right?











No comments:

Post a Comment