Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 79: Da Lat

Waking up early was not a problem with the thoughts of what today will be like. Our trip started off with an introduction into how properly repel down a mountain face. I have climbed rock walls before and repelled as well, they are both very fun. Our first obstacle was a simple tall flat rock face that we had to repel. We had the birthday girl go first, i will say, she was a bit nervous as were we all. Once we got to the bottom, we were able to swim at the bottom of a waterfall, which was really fun.

Our next repel was one of the scariest things I have done. We had to repel down a waterfall with water blasting us in the face. The worst part was that I had to use these flat sole shoes during this adventure because the shoes that I have would take days to dry. With a flat soled shoe, I didnt have much grip at all on the slippery rocks. I had watched other people repel down this rock face before I did, and most people fell (they were all connected to a safety rope, so no one fell all the way to the bottom), including everyone in our group. Luckily, I took it slow and I was able to make it down without falling. 

Afterwards, we broke out lunch and had some Vietnamese fruits that I had never seen before. Once we finished with our lunch we made our way to a 40ft waterfall. It reminded me of the scene from the Beach where they jump off that large cliff to make it to the central part of the island. It also reminded me of the clips that you see on the internet where people go to jump off a cliff, trip and end of tumbling the entire way down. A great combination of fear and excitement. 

For the last part of the journey we repelled into a waterfall; an area known as "The Washing Machine." This repel was not as hard, but definitely gave me the biggest adrenaline rush. As I began to repel down, I lowered myself into a fast narrow waterfall that kept me blasting back and forth. When I got closer to the bottom, I couldn't hear or see a thing because of the water. After the waterfall washed me to safety, I was ready to do it again! The same feeling I had when I got done sky diving a year ago in Key West, Florida. 

When we got back to our hotel, we were all completely worn out. We later rallied at our go-to, Peace Restaurant. When we finished our drinks and meal, we packed it in for an early night to catch up on some much needed rest.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9ZV6DzQqA0&feature=youtube_gdata_player































No comments:

Post a Comment