Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Malaysia Wrap Up

So, my second Malaysian experience was about as good as the first one. I saw more of Malaysia through a bus or plane window; not what I had in mind. While I did have a bad experience, I want to come back. However, I will plain it out in advance! One day I will come back and tackle the two national parks that I was unable to visit.

If you are into snorkeling, scuba diving, beach hopping, and the outdoors, Malaysia is a good place to start. Since Malaysia has a large part of its area on an island, it is a great way to escape the cluster of the big city of Kuala Lumpur! Supposedly, beautiful beaches and blue water can keep you hypnotized for days. I didn't want to spend much of my time on these beaches because there were a couple things that I really wanted to see in Indonesia and I wanted to make sure I had the time to see them.

The diversity of Malaysia is amazing; like I said earlier, I had breakfast in a Chinese coffee shop, ordered curry, and was served by a Muslim. What a rare combo. If you were plopped in the middle of Kuala Lumpur, you would have no clue you were in Malaysia, unless you were new the language or the buildings around you.

If you ever go to Malaysia and aren't into high-end shopping, SKIP Kuala Lumpur and get to the coast or the island as fast as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment