Friday, June 7, 2013

Day 136: Hong Kong

With little to do, I did some reading and research to pass the time until I met up with Nate and his tailor that afternoon.

Nate works in this massive area that is comprised of eight connected buildings. It is pretty cool with a common area where everyone can come together to have a meal. I feel that this is a great idea so that people from different and maybe competing businesses have a place to come together and talk about and exchange ideas on how to approach a life or business hurdle.

I met up with Nate's tailor, Noni, and he started to break out all the different fabric samples. Unfortunately, he didn't have all of the fabric types that I was looking for because he didn't know what type of clothes I was looking for. We exchanged my ideas and he recommended that I meet him at his office tomorrow to see everything.


By the time I got back to the hostel it was pretty late, so I figured this would be a great time to try to head up to the Peak and get an amazing view of Hong Kong. Man was I right, the view of Hong Kong at night was amazing; however, it was really crowded at the top of the Peak.


I bought a train ticket up and down the mountain, but the line to get back down was realllly long, so I decided to just walk down. I really enjoyed the peaceful walk and it gave me an opportunity to see more of the city that I would definitely miss on the train back down.

(The stretch of lights is the train going up and down the mountain to the Peak.)

Tired, sore, and smelly, I hopped in the shower and hit the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment