Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 139: Kuala Lumpur

Today, I have my flight out to Malaysia. While I have been to Malaysia before, I would say this is the first real time I have been; a night-layover on my way to Vietnam from Nepal does not count. Right before I headed out for the airport, I stopped off at Giant Foot for one last meal!

The metro ride to the airport took me much longer than the lady at the hostel told me it would, arriving 20 minutes before my flight departed. Luckily, when I got to the check-in counter, I learned that my flight had been delayed... for 5 hours! Damnit. There goes a day I could have spent in Kuala Lumpur.

I got into Kuala Lumpur around 11:30pm and headed to my hostel. I was unsure of the legitimacy of my hostel when I first arrived because there was an army of Malaysian women outside of the building hollering out "massage?!" Luckily, the hostel was one floor up from the massage parlor. I wonder if my hostel gives out a discount to the shady establishment below?

No comments:

Post a Comment