Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 150: Yogyakarta

My 150th day traveling was spent doing absolutely nothing. Got to sleep in, take a real shower, no more bucket showers, drop my clothes off at the laundry, catch up with friends, and update my posts. Never thought so many amazing experiences could be crammed into two day. I will now admit that Indonesia has made its way to my favorite country; however, I am torn between Kawah Ijen and Bromo as my favorite experience since traveling. Its a combination of this country's colorful natural beauty, the attitude of the cheerful locals that make even the worst experiences on public transport delightful. East Java looks like it has been caught in a time bubble, there are no signs of Western influence. So now I have seen two amazing volcanoes, what other natural beauties is this world hiding like a precious gem? Whatever and wherever they are, I am sure to stumble across them in the coming months!

Eline and I booked another early morning tour to see the large Borobudur Buddhist temple. Setting yet another early alarm, we got some much needed shut eye after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment