Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 134: Hong Kong

Once I got off the train, it was time to start moving; a day riddled with modes of transportation. I took the metro from one end of Beijing to the other and got ready to my plane flight. Beijing was being strangled by a thick cloud of orange smog. Once I got to the gate, it started to rain. It was amazing how, after about an hour of raining, the day became brighter even though it was still raining; the rain was washing away all the smog. 

For some reason my flight was delayed for 5 hours because of an hour of light rain; we sat on the runway for about 3 hours and I had this overweight Chinese man sitting next to me snoring like a bear all day. Not the best situation to be in!

Finally, we headed off. Once I got to Shenzhen, I hopped on the metro and made my way to Hong Kong. I didn't end up making it to my hostel until a little past midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment