Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 40: Kozhikode

Yeah I'm not sure how to say the name either. We had another early start to the day and made our way to the train station. Like most things in the south, the train station was much different. No one asked me for money, no animals, no one trying to sell me anything, and fresh fruit for sail. So relaxing. However, our train ride was not as enjoyable. They had three people slammed into three small seats that would otherwise seat two people. Luckily, the laws in India are either nonexistent or very loose, so I went to the end of the car, opened the door, and soaked in the breezing coming into the car (there was no A/C on our 4 hour ride). Being able to hang out the train car and watch the beautiful countryside, farms, rivers and ocean, and forests of palm and banana trees pass was amazing. Seeing all the greenery makes me feel that we are not even in India and then you see all the trash following the train... Yeah still in India, but I will say that I am used to it now. Got to take the good with the bad.

Once we got off the train, we got into a bus and ascended into the mountains of Kozhikode. I never expected there to be mountains in southern India, but we are here. Lush green mountains, it looks like something out of a movie.

Aside from our travels, we didn't do anything today. By the time we made it to our guesthouse, the sun had set. We ended the night with dinner and a round of beers, or three.
























No comments:

Post a Comment