Saturday, February 9, 2013

Arab Wrap Up

Oddly enough, the past 5 countries that I have been in have a Muslim base. It has been a great introduction into their religion and culture, and also allowed me learn a little Arabic. Always seeing women fully covered, mosque towers throughout every city, and hearing the call to prayer is something that I don't experience in the States. When I was talking to a friend back in the States through Viber (an app that lets you text and call through wifi, download it if you would like to stay in touch with me), he commented on an Arabic prayer going on in the background. Just an average day the life of Darnall Bailey.

On my trip around the world, I want to learn more about how other people live. These 23 days have given me a great opportunity to learn more about Islam and the tradition of its followers.

Now I am in India, which is going to allow me to learn more about Hinduism. What will India teach me? Only time will tell and anything is possible. Doesn't get much better than this, Insha'Allah ("God willing" in Arabic).

No comments:

Post a Comment