Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day 21: Cairo

Sorry for the long delay in updating my blog; the past few days have been very hectic.

So, Wednesday was my last day in Egypt. I flew from Luxor to Cairo and met up with a friend of a friend, who was born in Dahab and is currently working a short job in Cairo. Since I only had a limited time, all I wanted to do was see the pyramids. Once we got there, we hired a couple horses and had a guide show us around. I didn't really like the whole situation. They really pushed us along and wanted us to get on the horses as fast as possible. I continued to ask for the price and the guy kept saying, "we will talk about that when you return." I have learned to not rely on that, so I made sure to settle the price before hand. Looking back on it, I wish I had just walk around instead of doing the horses and guide, it, like most of Egypt, was a huge scam. However, the pyramids were amazing. Of course I have seen them before via books, Internet, etc. but actually being able to touch them and see their full magnitude was breath taking. I really can't believe that, with no technology, humans made this; I am convinced it was aliens. (As you read my blog, remember that I am an American and we love sarcasm)

We really got there just in time, because there was a sand storm brewing up in the desert, so when we left, it began to get very windy and sandy. After I saw the pyramids and sphinx, I went right back to the airport. My next stop is Dubai and I arrived there at 2:30am. Every country, aside from Morocco, I have arrived between 1am - 3am, which is a bad habit. Between the constant jet lag, changing of time zone, and persistent exploration, I am drained and have rarely been getting more than 6-7 hours of sleep.

However, I was very excited to see the United Arab Emirates and witness what oil money can really do when used properly!













No comments:

Post a Comment