Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 37: Delhi

Not much was planned for today. We got a late start in Varanasi and made our way to the airport to fly back to Delhi. I spent most of my morning connecting with friends back home. It is always great to speak with people back in the States, keeps my head on straight, and it's great to keep them up to date with my experiences outside of this blog. I was able to use FaceTime, through Apple, to video chat with a friend while he was at the bar. Got to see a lot of familiar faces, asked for a double bourbon and water. Still hasn't gotten here yet.

Today is the last day that our northern India tour group will be together. Some have already left us and it is sad to see them go. We all share an irreplaceable bond and an experience of India that will never be forgotten; however, time will continue with or without me, it's on to the next adventure. Southern India is going to be hotter than I thought. In Kochi it is supposed to be 100 F (38 C). It will be bringing back the memories of the blistering heat of a Columbia summer that I try to repress. It will be nice to finally stow all of my cold gear in the bottom of my pack. The weather up north fluctuates and is generally cool at night, so I am constantly having to unpack my bag to grab my shorts or a jacket. What I should have done was pack everything in big ziplock bags. Pack my short pants in one, short sleeve shirts in another, and so on that way everything would be organized and would actually save much more space.. I'll make sure to do that on my next trip around the world.

To end the day, not much happened. My time was mostly spent in transit. The last supper with our group was great. I ordered it spicy so I could get a feel for how the Indians like it. It was very hot, but was the best meal I have had yet. I am not sure what the south will hold for me or if I will even have wifi. If not, I will write my blogs daily and upload when possibly. Until next time. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment