Sunday, October 13, 2013

Wrap Up of Me

So, I figured I would end my blog with a wrap up of myself. It is hard for one to observe oneself and describe who they are; it is always easiest for someone else to describe you. So if you have followed me through all, or portions, of this blog, then you would be better off writing this than me.

I'm just a boy from the south, raised with a shotgun in my hand and tobacco in my mouth; not exactly a characteristic of a world traveler. The more I traveled the larger my thirst for learning about new things grew. When you think of someone who has traveled as much as I, you may think of a guy walking around without his shoes on and sitting on the ground, eating with his bare hands. I can definitely admit that I did that a time or two, but why? The real question is, why do the locals in the countries I visited do it? The not knowing is the reason why I do those things; I want to know why.

Now, I don't want to sit here and answer all the questions that I think you may have about the world. I am going to charge you to go out and answer your own questions. Don't ever look at someone you know nothing about and judge him or her right off the bat. Try to look at where that person is coming from, try to understand why they do what they do. When I first started traveling, I was always afraid to ask why because I felt like it was disrespectful. I then realized that me not knowing and coming up with my own reasoning was more disrespectful.

Travel, see, do, experience, and live. You should never be unhappy with your life when there is a world out there that you have most likely seen less than 10% of.

Before we part, I want to thank you, the audience, for following me around the world. The main reason why I liked keeping this blog was that you kept me charged to do something different everyday. I felt like such a waste whenever I sat there and did nothing, knowing that everyone of you would have killed to be where I was. You are the reason why I visited 20 countries, you were the drive that helped me ask why, and you were the hand that pushed me out of my comfort zone time and time again.

To complete my journey around the world, I will leave you with this: An excuse is the easiest thing in the world to create; just close your eyes and jump, I promise you'll make it out alive.

Will our paths ever cross again? Only time will tell and anything is possible.

Good luck world

No comments:

Post a Comment