Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 226: Seattle

So, today is my last day on the west coast... What to do?

I decided to see one more thing in Canada and then head back to Seattle, Grouse Mountain, which is in North Vancouver, across the Harbor. Grouse Mountain is a great ski park that becomes a green tourist attraction during the summers. I took a large skyride up to the park, which was filled with tourist activities. They had a really cheesy lumberjack show that had me laughing at them rather than with them.

I took a ski lift up to the park's wind turbine and was able to go up to the top of the turbine. I have never been this close to a wind turbine let alone take an elevator up to the top of it. It was pretty cool not to mention the view of the surrounding mountains were amazing. After I got done exploring the rest of the park, I had to head back to the US and return my car. The drive back to Seattle was a long ride; the entire ride was spent reflecting on the past eight and a half months of my excursion around the world. Its even crazier to think its been that long... Almost nine months. While each country seemed to take an eternity to explore, the world has flown by in a mere blink of an eye.

Once I got back to Seattle, I returned my car and made the walk to my hotel. The last walk I will take, the last backpack I'll pack, and the last hotel reservation I'll make. Until my next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment