Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 227: Athens

I decided not to finish my blog until I get back home. I trip around the world is not completed until I get back to where I started.

This morning, I caught an early flight to Atlanta, Georgia. The coast to coast flight was not as bad as I was expecting, but the time change did throw me off. Once I landed, I took a shuttle a hour away to Athens, Ga. This weekend, my alma mater, the University of South Carolina Gamecocks, play the University of Georgia Bulldogs; not only a football game worth coming back for but an even better group of friends to ease me back into home.

My friend William picked me up where I was dropped off in the center of town. We headed over to some friend of our's house, James and Harper, two guys that I basically grew up with through high school.

We all met up with my sister and my cousin later that night for dinner and some drinks. It was great to see two girls from my family, it has been way too long!

First night back on the east coast in 227 days with great friends and family, couldn't think of a better first night back.

No comments:

Post a Comment