Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 218: Seattle

A night full of rain was followed by a morning full of mixed clouds with a clear lake at the base of the mountain and right next to my tent; not a bad view from bed.

I broke camp and headed to my next trail, and I ended up beginning at the wrong place, about 3 miles before I was supposed to. While the hike was beautiful, hiking a couple extra miles up a mountain is not a good way to start the day.

That afternoon, I made it to the part of the woods I was assigned to camp. Unfortunately, it was on the hill down the other side of the mountain. Not sure if it was the best decision, I decided to hike out of the woods and head to Seattle. Since it was past 7pm, I would not be able to get another permit; I was also worried about hiking in another spot and being fined by a Ranger, and since good friend of mine is meeting me in two day in Seattle, I figured I might as well go to Seattle.

I checked into my hotel and fell asleep before I could put my bags down.

No comments:

Post a Comment