Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 65: Ha Noi

We have no entered a gateway into south east Asia, Ha Noi, Vietnam. Robbie and I have met up with a friend, Boyd, at an amazing backpackers hostel. The place is loaded with young people around my age with large backpacks strapped to their backs. I have been waiting three months for this, so excited. We got into Ha Noi a little late, so Boyd already had dinner lined up for us, Cobras!

We went to a restaurant called the Cobra Village where we were able to see grown and baby cobras and hold the ones that had been de-fanged. Some of the people that were in our group were a little scared, but I am blinded by my curiosity and excitement to try and experience new things. Would I want to look back on this and be that guy that didn't hold the cobra around his neck? Nope.

They started off dinner by bringing out each of us (that wanted to) a cobra. They cut a hole in the snake and then we had to eat the heart out of the snake. This is what I pictured of south east Asia, just doing the most random, ridiculous, and rare things that few people want or are able to do. Of course, I got right in there and started chewing. Not much taste at all then I chased it down with a shot of vodka. Our actual dinner consisted of the snake; they cooked every part of the snakes we ate the hearts out of. Surprisingly, it was actually really really good. We ended our meal with a shot of cobra blood. "Welcome to Vietnam."

I am so excited to be in this part of Asia. Young people everywhere, thrilling things to do, two of my good friends are with me, not to mention the food or the women. It is a great change from the past two and a half months of being in the Africa, the Middle East, and India.

No comments:

Post a Comment