Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 50: Kochi

(Start at day 45 to get caught up)

The last day of our tour goes to the Kerala Backwaters where we stay in a home stay with a local family. Since I am still sick, I decided it would be best not to go. In two days I will be leaving for Nepal and I need as much rest as possible. The last thing I want is to be stranded in the Backwater away from civilization and my sickness to kick back in. My body needs a day or so of rest to recover from being full drained before I do any trekking in Nepal. Our tour guide arranged for me to have a car take me from Thekkady to Kochi.

The drive wasn't that bad, only taking about 4 hours, plenty of time to write these posts. When I got to Kochi, I explored my old stomping grounds. Not much has changed since I left. I spent most of my time resting at the hotel. Need full strength for Nepal.

Tomorrow I will be spending much of my time in transit. My flight from Kochi to Nepal leaves at 8pm with a 12 hour layover in Delhi. Needless to say, I am excited to sleep in an airport for the first time. Not sure if I will be able to get Internet in the airport. From what I have heard, electricity and Internet can be hard to come by in parts of Nepal. So worst case scenario, this will be my last post until I reach Vietnam. I am meeting a good friend, who has been traveling the world for the past 2 months as well, in Kathmandu. We have brokenly spoken over the Internet, but I am excited to swap stories of our journeys. The usually conversations are, this one time at a bar back home, or a friend and I at college... And I reply with a this one time in Luxor, or this one time in India... Feeling somewhat arrogant. Now we will be on the same level.

How long will we travel together and what we will see?

Only time will tell and anything is possible

No comments:

Post a Comment