Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 51: Kochi/Delhi

Not much happened today either. I just rested and revisited my two favorite restaurants in Kochi. I got one last stroll in through the city before I waved it goodbye.

I hopped on a local bus and made my way to the Kochi airport from my night flight to Delhi, for a 13 hour layover.

Of course I didn't actually think about a place to stay while I would be in Delhi. I was thinking that there would be enough space to sleep on a couple chairs in the international airport. Of course, I couldn't go in because the flight time is too far away, so I had to get a taxi to take me to a near by hotel. That right there is two rip offs. One, taking a airport taxi, two getting THEM to take you to any close hotel. They drove around a bit and we ended up right back at the airport, just on the other side, and he dropped me off at some hotel. This dump of a hotel wanted a ridiculous price, I told him I would rather sleep on the marble at the airport than pay that and walked out the door. He walked outside and slashed the price in half and included free wifi airport shuttle and breakfast. Can't be a sucker in this country.









No comments:

Post a Comment