Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 105: Hong Kong

Today I started off by getting my Chinese vise process going. It is going to take about three days, but luckily my hostel can do it for me, so I don't have to spend the time waiting and filling out paperwork at the Chinese Embassy.

After I got all of that squared away, I headed out of the metro station to see another area of Hong Kong. I walked into the metro and just picked a spot at random on the map and bought a ticket to there with no clue of what I was going to see. The metro system is really nice, LCD TVs displaying ads and TV commercials throughout the station and even big TVs to watch as you wait on the next train. Each entry and exit is strategically placed so that the foot traffic doesn't cross and each terminal is easily accessible. I quickly felt like a local because of the ease of use, aside from the fact that I had a camera in one hand and a map in the other.

There wasn't too much to be impressed about where I got off, still just a bunch of skyscrapers. I spent the afternoon walking around and ducked into a local place to grab some food. If you don't know where to go, it can be hard to find a place to eat with an English menu, most of the time it is written in Cantonese, which I still can't read.

I then caught the train back to the hostel and hung out in the lounge. I spent the rest of the day planning out what to do and where to even start. Between researching about China and catching up with friends, I had little time to do anything else. I called it a night.







No comments:

Post a Comment