Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 3 & 4: Agadir & Taraghout

The past two days have been spent in a small surfing town called Taraghout. We have met people from all over and there are tons of people here in RVs on a road trip from Europe. The waves were really big this morning (7-8ft) so it was not a good place for beginner like me!

Yesterday was spent primarily driving from Casablanca to Agadir (about 5 hours), the city right before Taghazout.

The coast is really nice, out hostel is across the road from the beach and a quick drive into the main town of Taghazout. We spent today walking the beach, checking out the different surf spots and watching the good surfers take on the big waves. Granted I don't surf, I have never seen these big of waves in person.

Walking through the town was really cool. Some of the houses and restaurants are right on the beach. Behind the beach are very large mountains, which provides for a really cool backdrop.

Unfortunately, my bag has still not arrived to Morocco and we have no clue where it is. Luckily I have been able to borrow a few clothes from Youseff, so all is well.

Tomorrow we are driving to Merrekesh for the day and should be to Casablanca by nightfall.





1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are starting your adventure with no luggage (what little you had)! I look forward to reading about your travels.

    ReplyDelete